Monday, August 10, 2009

Last Week Of Summer

This is the last week of summer, and for me it is a terribly sad one. It's my first year of high school and I have no idea what to expect. I'm caught in between decisions of whether i should be on the swim team or not, or should I try put for some of the school plays or not. Seeing as I'm only a freshman, I keep going back on the thought that I could be on the swim team but don't go for the plays because they probably want people with experience. :-/ I also kept thinking it's a good idea to focus on schoolwork. Being an actor can wait.

The week before last was EFY (Especially For Youth) and the whole time i felt so good to be there. I met really nice and funny people and the classes and devotionals were great. The whole week I was on a "spiritual high" and it was sad to go at the end of the week. I came home just wanting to go back so badly. It's easier being there with a bunch of people who have the same standards as you. EFY made me more reluctant to go to the high school where kids make up drama and brag about having a smoke or getting drunk. :(

I don't know what else to write so I guess I'll end right here

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear EFY was so good. It is really important for you guys to have those kinds of experiences occasionally to strengthen your testimony.
    Don't worry about high school. Just try hard, be yourself, build others up, and have fun!!! Enjoy it, I miss it!! <3

    ReplyDelete