Friday, July 17, 2009

First entry.

Have you ever made plans for something during the summer so people will think you have a life, but then you're too lazy to do it, or you put it off? Well the first week of summer i created a goal: do not let people think that all you do during the summer is sit at home. I failed. My little sister and I were going to take a walk just for fun to a park nearby, but of course she and I decided it was too hot. So for the past few weeks, this has been my daily schedule: 1. wake up. 2 go to swim practice 3. read/watch t.v./go on computer 4. go to bed. You can tell it's been a sad summer for me.

Last week, starting on Wednesday, our church youth program did this thing called trek. For three days we dressed up like pioneers and pushed handcarts on a trail in the mountains. It was really hard. There were three companies (red, blue, and green) and in each company there were three families. Every family had on average ten people. The handcarts weighed about 500+ pounds. (We had all the members' things along with the dutch ovens, tents, tarps and cooking supplies.) It was a really touching experience, and it showed me that the pioneers had it rough. I thought it was hard pushing and pulling the handcart up and down with my family, but it wasn't nearly as bad as what the pioneers went through. There were times when it was just a mother pulling her handcart with her child on her back and her older son in the cart, dying, or maybe one man who had to bury his pregnant wife and little children. I really enjoyed it.

This has been my first entry and it hope you enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. hey, good first entry! that sucks that your summer is kinda boring, but you'll be here in about two weeks! :-DDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete